Construction & Engineering
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Energy and related expertise
Carter Newell is a leading dynamic Queensland-based firm providing specialist legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Our expertise extends to the following:
- Advising on the operation of potential new legislation and its affect on the industry, and assisting with submissions to government;
- Drafting, advising and assisting in respect of all aspects of infrastructure and transportation agreements;
- Geothermal energy;
- Underground coal gasification;
- Greenhouse gas storage;
- Drafting and advising on agreements for the sale of gas electricity certificates (GECS); and
- Advising a listed mineral development company with respect to potential trading in Certified Emission Reduction (CERs) trading, as contemplated by the Kyoto Protocol.