Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Led by partners Bronwyn Clarkson and James Plumb, the Energy & Resources team acts for a number of coal, gold and other mineral explorers and producers with projects throughout Australian and international jurisdictions.
Our expertise in the mining space covers the entire life of project, right from acquisition and start up, to the commercialisation of resources, managing the operational phase, through to final decommissioning and rehabilitation.
Among our recent experience, we have:
- Assisted clients with asset acquisitions and disposals, including due diligence and tenement transfers.
- Negotiated farm-in and farm-out arrangements, joint ventures and other project alliances.
- Negotiating haulage, rail transportation and port capacity arrangements.
- Providing advice to clients on procurement and mining services agreements.
- Recording third party royalty agreements.
- Advised clients on land access strategy and negotiating conduct and compensation agreements or strategic land acquisitions.
- Advised clients on the operation of the mining and overlapping tenure regulatory regime and assisting with day-to-day compliance.
- Advised clients on compliance with environmental obligations, including resource tenure and Environmental Authority conditions.