Career and Professional Development
Carter Newell offers a supportive environment with a critical weighting on values and an emphasis on personal development.
Personal and professional development is achieved through a range of activities, including:
- A comprehensive induction program
- On-the-job training and working closely with partners
- Individual career development plans and regular discussions (quarterly)
- Participation in Continuous Legal Education (CLE) programs, both in-house and externally
- Participation in informal Professional Discussion Group (PDG) sessions
- Attendance at appropriate external seminars
- Structured professional development program for legal and support staff
- Support for undergraduate and postgraduate study
- Secondment opportunities
- Individual executive coaching
At Carter Newell, we recognise individual skill sets and tailor development to best meet these needs. We aim to present opportunities to individuals, rather than providing the bare minimum training to meet professional requirements, so that everyone can achieve their personal goals, as well as their career goals.