Let’s Talk Environmental Duties, Obligations and Liability (Brisbane)
Directors, employers, employees and contractors have environmental duties and obligations in Queensland, that if not complied with can lead to a range of enforcement action including prosecution.
Kelly Alcorn, Partner and Johanna Kennerley, Partner explain the key environmental obligations, duties, rights and potential liability under the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (Qld), and importantly how to respond to environmental compliance issues and incidents encountered by the property development, resources and industrial sectors. This session will explore environmental duties, obligations and liability.
Join us for breakfast as Kelly and Johanna draw on recent experiences to provide you with an overview of:
- Environmental duties, obligations and offences;
- Enforcement options potentially leading to prosecution;
- Responding to environmental compliance issues and incidents;
- Rights and responsibilities during formal and informal investigations; and
- Defending enforcement action.
Friday 19 July 2019, 7:30am for an 8.00am start, concluding 9:00am
The Brisbane Club
241 Adelaide Street
Please register your attendance before Friday 5 July 2019 to:
Ashley Burnet, Marketing Coordinator
Phone | 07 3000 8329
Email | By clicking here