Materials now available - Core CPD SeminarApr 2018 |
Our compulsory core CPD seminar held on Wednesday 14 March 2018 examined three core CPD areas, including:
Practical Legal Ethics - Ethics in Practice
Presenters: Andrew Shute, Partner, Brett Heath, In-house Advocate and Lara Radik, Senior Associate
In this panel session, Andrew, Brett and Lara shared their expertise on practical and day-to-day issues including:
- Sources of ethical obligations and the tension between rules and principles.
- Duties: The basics.
- Who is your client? The nuances of an in-house practising certificate.
- Ethics in negotiations.
Practice Management and Business Skills - Effective use of legal technology: Is your head in the sand or the Cloud?
Presenter: Andrew Shute, Partner
This session examined the use of legal technology, including:
- How far have we come, and where are we going?
- The importance of data.
- AI - what is real and what is hype?
Professional Skills - Plain English drafting
Presenter: Brett Heath, Special Counsel
This session covered:
- General principles.
- Habits to avoid.
- The power of editing.
- The drafting and use of particular clauses in commercial contracts.
If you would like access to the presentation recordings and slides, please contact Ashleigh Edwards on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3000 8329.