Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Led by senior partner Paul Hopkins, the Insurance team acts exclusively for major insurance companies, Lloyd’s syndicates, underwriting agencies, captive insurers, affinity groups, self insureds and insurance brokers.
Distinguished by our service and claims management approach, our dedicated team provides the following services:
- Defence of litigated claims
- Claims strategy
- Reserving management within established protocols with insurance industry clients
- Subrogated recoveries and contribution matters
- Policy drafting and interpretation
- Contract indemnity and insurance clause advice
- Risk management support and procedures review
- Legislative and regulatory advice.
Our insurance team has expertise in the following areas and industry sectors:
- Property & Injury Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Construction & Engineering Insurance
- Aviation Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Agribusiness Insurance
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Tourism and Hospitality Insurance
- Cyber Risk
- Employment Practices Liability.
The Insurance team’s quality and innovative approach to claims management has heralded its growth and success as one of the leading practices in Australia.
Publications and Presentations
Professional Guides and other documents
- A Guide to Directors' and Officers' Liability and Insurance - EPUB
- EPUB 3.19 MB
- A Guide to Directors' and Officers' Liability and Insurance - PDF
- PDF 1.01 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 1st Edition - PDF
- PDF 1.67 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 2nd Edition - PDF
- PDF 1.59 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 3 Edition - EPUB
- EPUB 9.88 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 3 Edition - PDF
- PDF 1.58 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 4th Edition - EPUB
- EPUB 10.3 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 4th Edition - PDF
- PDF 1.32 MB