- +61 7 3000 8301
- 0410 586 210
Mark Brookes is a Partner in the Professional Liability team.
Mark specialises in a broad spectrum of insurance matters and commercial disputes, specialising in professional liability and directors' and officers' claims.
The matters in which Mark is primarily involved are complex, high value and multi-party disputes involving allegations of negligence, breach of contract/retainer, fraud and Trade Practices Act and Corporations Act breaches. In the area of professional liability, his practice includes advising clients on insurance policy and contractual indemnity issues, and the prospects of recovery against other parties. The breadth of Mark's experience enables him to provide clients with comprehensive strategies for resolving disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
Mark has acted in a number of jurisdictions, and practised in London from 1993 until 2000. Mark is a past president of the Queensland Chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group, a role he held since 2008, and a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association and the International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators.
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2018 - Alternative Dispute Resolution; Insurance Law; Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Preeminent Leading Queensland Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Doyle's Guide 2016
- Leading Queensland Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 - Insurance Law
- Leading Brisbane Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Doyle's Guide 2015
Publications, Professional Guides and Presentations
Professional Guides and other documents
- Professional Liability Guide 1st edition
- PDF 1.03 MB
- Australian Civil Liability Guide 10th edition
- PDF 1.48 MB
- A Guide to Directors' and Officers' Liability and Insurance 1st edition - EPUB
- EPUB 3.19 MB
- Professional and Management Liability Gazette 1st edition
- PDF 4.29 MB
- Professional and Management Liability Gazette 2nd edition
- PDF 3.62 MB
- Professional and Management Liability Gazette 3rd edition
- PDF 2.85 MB
- Workplace Relations Gazette 1st edition
- PDF 4.94 MB
- Workplace Relations Gazette 2nd edition
- PDF 3.96 MB