- +61 (0) 7 3000 8347
- +61 (0) 407 704 097
Rebecca Stevens is an Insurance Partner in the Property & Injury Liability team.
Rebecca has represented local, interstate and international insurance clients for over 15 years specialising in:
- Personal and Property Damage Claims
- Public Liability
- Product liability
- Policy drafting/ indemnity issues
- Fire losses and recoveries.
Rebecca has extensive experience in defending claims under the Personal Injuries Proceeding Act 2002 (Qld) and the Civil Liability Act and Regulations 2003 (Qld) across a wide variety of liability claims for insurers, brokers, claims handlers and corporate self-insureds with high deductibles. Her focus is on pro-active claims management and ensuring all stake-holders are kept regularly informed of developments and opportunities for early commercial resolution of matters. Rebecca is also concerned to ensure that a realistic reserve recommendation is made as early as possible and client's reporting requirements are adhered to.
She has provided advice on complex matters such as interpretation of various tort reform legislation as well the application of exclusion clauses in public liability policies and indemnity/ dual insurance issues.
Rebecca has represented clients for many years at compulsory conferences, mediations and trials and has a particular interest in multi-party and catastrophic claims. She conducts most conferences without counsel and regularly provides clients with industry specific seminars on legislative and tort reform issues.
Rebecca has been named 'Lawyer of the Year' for her work in personal injury litigation in Brisbane by Best Lawyers®.
She is a past-president of the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA), Queensland Chapter.
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2019 - Lawyer of the Year - Personal Injury Litigation
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2019 and 2018 - Insurance Law; Personal Injury Litigation; Product Liability Litigation
- Preeminent Leading Queensland Public & Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2017
- Preeminent Leading Queensland Public Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 and 2016 - Insurance Law
- Preeminent Leading Public & Occupier Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2015
Publications, Professional Guides and Presentations
Professional Guides and other documents
- Australian Civil Liability Guide 10th edition
- PDF 1.48 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 1st edition
- PDF 1.67 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 2nd edition
- PDF 1.59 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 3rd edition
- PDF 1.58 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 4th edition
- PDF 1.32 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 5th edition
- PDF 5.15 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 6th edition
- PDF 3.44 MB
- Injury Liability Gazette 7th edition
- PDF 27.1 MB