- +61 (0) 7 3000 8301
- +61 (0) 410 586 210
Mark Brookes is a Partner in the Insurance team, specialising in professional liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, medical malpractice liability, management liability and employment practices liability.
Mark specialises in a broad spectrum of insurance policies, civil proceedings and disciplinary matters.
The matters in which Mark is involved are primarily complex, high value and multi-party disputes involving allegations of negligence, misconduct, breach of contract, fraud and Australian Consumer Law and Corporations Act breaches.
In the area of professional liability, his practice includes advising clients on insurance policy coverage and the prospects of recovery against other parties.
Amongst the professionals Mark has acted on behalf of for many years are accountants, auditors, barristers, financial advisers, insurance brokers, real estate agents, solicitors and valuers, and in the health sector: clinics, dentists, doctors, hospitals, nurses and various allied health care professionals.
The breadth of Mark's experience enables him to provide clients with comprehensive strategies for resolving disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
Mark was named Lawyer of the Year – Professional Malpractice Litigation by Best Lawyers 2021 edition.
He has acted in a number of jurisdictions, and practised in London from 1993 until 2000. Mark is a trained mediator, a past president of the Queensland Chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group and a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association.
- The Best Lawyers 2021 (edn) - Lawyer of the Year: Professional Malpractice Litigation
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 (edns) - Alternative Dispute Resolution; Insurance Law; Professional Malpractice Litigation; Legal Malpractice Litigation
- Preeminent Leading Queensland Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Doyle's Guide 2018, 2017 and 2016
- Leading Queensland Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2016
- Leading Queensland Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Doyle's Guide 2019 and 2015