- +61 (0) 7 3000 8301
- +61 (0) 410 586 210
Mark Brookes is a Partner in the Insurance team, specialising in professional liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, medical malpractice liability, management liability and employment practices liability.
Mark specialises in a broad spectrum of insurance policies, civil proceedings and disciplinary matters.
The matters in which Mark is involved are primarily complex, high value and multi-party disputes involving allegations of negligence, misconduct, breach of contract, fraud and Australian Consumer Law and Corporations Act breaches.
In the area of professional liability, his practice includes advising clients on insurance policy coverage and the prospects of recovery against other parties.
Amongst the professionals Mark has acted on behalf of for many years are accountants, auditors, barristers, financial advisers, insurance brokers, real estate agents, solicitors and valuers, and in the health sector: clinics, dentists, doctors, hospitals, nurses and various allied health care professionals.
The breadth of Mark's experience enables him to provide clients with comprehensive strategies for resolving disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
Mark has acted in a number of jurisdictions, and practised in London from 1993 until 2000. Mark is a trained mediator, a past president of the Queensland Chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group and a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association.
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2020, 2019 and 2018 - Alternative Dispute Resolution; Insurance Law; Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Preeminent Leading Queensland Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Doyle's Guide 2018, 2017 and 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 - Insurance Law
- Leading Queensland Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2016
- Leading Brisbane Professional Indemnity Lawyer in Doyle's Guide 2015
Publications, Professional Guides and Presentations
Professional Guides and other documents
- A Guide to Directors' and Officers' Liability and Insurance 1st edition - EPUB
- EPUB 3.19 MB
- Professional Liability Guide 1st edition
- PDF 1.03 MB
- Australian Civil Liability Guide 10th edition
- PDF 1.48 MB
- Professional and Management Liability Gazette 1st edition
- PDF 4.29 MB
- Professional and Management Liability Gazette 2nd edition
- PDF 3.62 MB
- Professional and Management Liability Gazette 3rd edition
- PDF 2.85 MB
- Workplace Relations Gazette 1st edition
- PDF 4.94 MB
- Workplace Relations Gazette 2nd edition
- PDF 3.96 MB