- Construction & Engineering
- +61 (0) 7 3000 8353
- +61 (0) 414 267 305
Patrick Mead is a Partner in the Construction & Engineering team.
Patrick provides expert advice to clients in the area of building and construction law and professional indemnity. His practice embraces all aspects of this area, including contract advice, contract drafting, litigation and contract claims involving issues such as defective work, negligence, trade practices, quantum meruit, programming, delay cost, extensions of time, variations and liquidated damages.
Patrick has acted for clients, both nationally and internationally, in disputes and arbitrations and is a Fellow of the Resolution Institute of Australia. Patrick is a graded arbitrator and an accredited mediator, and is a registered adjudicator under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (Qld) (formerly BCIPA).
Patrick sits as co-chair on the international TAGLaw Construction Specialty Group and is a regular contributor of articles and presentations in the areas of construction, insurance and risk management.
Patrick was also recently named Litigation Partner of the Year in the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2019, in addition to being named a finalist in a further three categories - Construction & Infrastructure Partner of the Year, Insurance Partner of the Year and Dispute Resolution Partner of the Year. He was also recently named ADR Practitioner of the Year at the Australian ADR Awards 2019.
Patrick has been named in the Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020 listing for Insurance - Australia. The listing confirms his extensive knowledge of construction insurance policies.
'Patrick Mead in Brisbane enjoys widespread acknowledgement of his focused expertise in construction-related insurance issues, interviewees expressing both "respect for the quality of his thought leadership" as a prominent commentator on the scene and regard for his reputation as an adviser on front-end insurance advisory questions, one interviewee saying: "He's certainly one of the top people for insurance contract issues".'
He is also the author of 'A Legal Guide to Contract Works and Construction Liability Insurance in Australia', now in its 3rd edition.
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 (edns) - Alternative Dispute Resolution; Construction/Infrastructure Law; Insurance Law
- Winner - Australian ADR Awards 2019 - ADR Practitioner of the Year
- Winner - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2019 - Litigation Partner of the Year
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards 2019 - Partner of the Year
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2019 - Construction & Infrastructure Partner of the Year
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2019 - Insurance Partner of the Year
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2019 - Dispute Resolution Partner of the Year
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2018 - Construction and Infrastructure Partner of the Year
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2018 - Insurance Partner of the Year
- Leading Queensland Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2018, 2017 and 2016
- Leading Queensland Professional Indemnity Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2016 and 2015