- Construction & Engineering
- +61 (0) 7 3000 8353
- +61 (0) 414 267 305
Patrick Mead is a Partner in the Construction & Engineering team.
Patrick provides expert advice to clients in the area of building and construction law and professional indemnity. His practice embraces all aspects of this area, including contract advice, contract drafting, litigation and contract claims involving issues such as defective work, negligence, trade practices, quantum meruit, programming, delay cost, extensions of time, variations and liquidated damages.
Patrick has acted for clients, both nationally and internationally, in disputes and arbitrations and is a Fellow of the Resolution Institute of Australia. Patrick is a graded arbitrator and an accredited mediator, and is a registered adjudicator under the BCIPA (Qld).
Patrick sits as co-chair on the international TAGLaw Construction Specialty Group and is a regular contributor of articles and presentations in the areas of construction, insurance and risk management.
He is also the author of 'A Legal Guide to Contract Works and Construction Liability Insurance in Australia', now in its 2nd edition.
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2018 - Construction and Infrastructure Partner of the Year
- Finalist - Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2018 - Insurance Partner of the Year
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 - Construction/Infrastructure Law
- Leading Queensland Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2018, 2017 and 2016
- Leading Queensland Professional Indemnity Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2016 and 2015