- +61 (0) 7 3000 8347
- +61 (0) 407 704 097
Rebecca Stevens is an Insurance Partner in the Property & Injury Liability team.
Rebecca has represented local, interstate and international insurance clients for over 28 years specialising in:
- Personal and Property Damage Claims
- Public Liability
- Product Liability
- Sports and Leisure Liability
- Hotel, Clubs and Security Liability
- Workplace and Contractual Liability
- Education and Care Liability
- Policy drafting/ indemnity issues
- Fire losses and recoveries.
Rebecca has extensive experience in defending claims under the Personal Injuries Proceeding Act 2002 (Qld) and the Civil Liability Act and Regulations 2003 (Qld) across a wide variety of liability claims for insurers, brokers, claims handlers and corporate self-insureds with high deductibles. Her focus is on pro-active claims management and ensuring all stake-holders are kept regularly informed of developments and opportunities for early commercial resolution of matters. Rebecca is also concerned to ensure that a realistic reserve recommendation is made as early as possible and client's reporting requirements are adhered to.
She has provided advice on complex matters such as interpretation of various tort reform legislation as well the application of exclusion clauses in public liability policies and indemnity/ dual insurance issues.
Rebecca has represented clients for many years at compulsory conferences, mediations and trials and has a particular interest in multi-party and catastrophic claims. She conducts most conferences without counsel and regularly provides clients with industry specific seminars on legislative and tort reform issues.
Rebecca was named 2020 Lawyer of the Year – Product Liability Litigation and 2019 Lawyer of the Year – Personal Injury Litigation.
She is a past president of the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA), Queensland Chapter and was made a Life Member of the association at its 2022 National Conference.
Most recently Rebecca was included in Insurance Business Australia's list of Elite Women 2023.
- Recognised by Insurance Business Australia as an Elite Woman 2023
- Preeminent Leading Public & Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2021, 2020 and 2019
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 (edns) - Insurance Law; Personal Injury Litigation; Product Liability Litigation
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2020 - Lawyer of the Year - Product Liability Litigation
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2019 - Lawyer of the Year - Personal Injury Litigation
- Leading Queensland Public & Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2018
- Preeminent Leading Queensland Public & Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2017
- Preeminent Leading Queensland Public Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 and 2016 - Insurance Law
- Preeminent Leading Public & Occupier Liability Lawyer (Defendant) in Doyle's Guide 2015