Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Carter Newell's Corporate team provides specialist advice across the full range of corporate, transactional and commercial advisory work.
Led by partner Matt Couper, and assisted by consultant Tony Stumm, our Corporate team draws on a depth of experience and a commitment to understanding our clients' businesses to deliver clear and commercially focussed legal advice. The Corporate team's approach is to provide a service which adds value and delivers effective legal and commercial solutions to our clients. This centres around understanding each client's objectives, priorities and risk profile at the outset of each matter.
Our team has experience working for clients in a range of industries on transactions such as:
- capital raisings (including traditional rights issues, placements and accelerated offerings)
- mergers and acquisitions (including share and asset acquisitions and disposals)
- corporate financing (equity and debt)
- shareholder arrangements
- joint ventures (both incorporated and unincorporated)
- corporate restructures
- due diligence investigations.
Our experience, combined with our commercial acumen and commitment to client service, ensures that we are valued advisers to our existing clients in relation to a range of general commercial issues that arise in the course of the lifecycle of a business, including:
- Drafting, negotiation and interpretation of significant commercial contracts, including supply and distribution agreements, intellectual property licences, consultancy agreements and general procurement contracts
- Establishing business entities and providing structuring and asset protection advice
- Registration and release of security interests on the Personal Property Securities Register
- Corporate governance issues, including effective board structures, directors' duties and liabilities, insider trading and conflicts of interest/anti-corruption policies
- Regulatory advice, including compliance with the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and ASX Listing Rules, advising on all aspects of licensing overseen by ASIC, preparing for and running annual and extraordinary general meetings, related party benefit approvals, continuous disclosure requirements, foreign investment approval
- Liaising with corporate regulators such as ASIC and the ASX, including advising clients who face an ASIC investigation or the prospect of giving evidence at an ASIC hearing
- Company secretarial services
- Exit and succession planning.
With the ability to involve Carter Newell's other specialist practice areas such as commercial property, resources and employment, our Corporate team offers a complete commercial advisory service for public, private and government entities.