- Construction & Engineering
- +61 (0) 7 3000 8353
- +61 (0) 414 267 305
Patrick Mead is a Partner in the Construction & Engineering team.
Patrick provides expert advice to clients in the area of building and construction law and professional indemnity. His practice embraces all aspects of this area, including contract advice, contract drafting, litigation and contract claims involving issues such as defective work, negligence, trade practices, quantum meruit, programming, delay cost, extensions of time, variations and liquidated damages.
Patrick has acted for clients, both nationally and internationally, in disputes and arbitrations and is a Fellow of the Resolution Institute of Australia. Patrick is a graded arbitrator and mediator and holds a certificate in adjudication under the BCIPA (Qld).
Patrick sits as co-chair on the international TAGLaw Construction Speciality Group and is a regular contributor on the areas of construction, insurance and risk management.
He is also the author of 'A Legal Guide to Contract Works and Construction Liability Insurance in Australia', now in its 2nd edition.
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2018 - Construction/Infrastructure Law
- Leading Queensland Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2017
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 - Construction/Infrastructure Law
- Leading Queensland Professional Indemnity Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2016
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2016 - Construction/Infrastructure Law
- Leading Queensland Construction & Infrastructure Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2016
- Leading Brisbane Professional Indemnity Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2015