Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Led by Managing Partner Paul Hopkins, the Insurance team acts exclusively for major insurance companies, Lloyd’s syndicates, underwriting agencies, captive insurers, affinity groups, self insureds and insurance brokers.
Distinguished by our service and claims management approach, our dedicated team provides the following services:
- Defence of litigated claims
- Claims strategy
- Reserving management within established protocols with insurance industry clients
- Subrogated recoveries and contribution matters
- Policy drafting and interpretation
- Contract indemnity and insurance clause advice
- Risk management support and procedures review
- Legislative and regulatory advice.
Our insurance team has expertise in the following areas and industry sectors:
- Property & Injury Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Construction & Engineering Insurance
- Aviation Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- AgriRisk Insurance
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Tourism and Hospitality Insurance
- Cyber Risk
- Employment Practices Liability
- In-house Advocacy
- Environmental Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Aged Care
The Insurance team’s quality and innovative approach to claims management has heralded its growth and success as one of the leading practices in Australia.
Industry recogonised - Chambers
'Respected team with a particularly strong Brisbane presence and profile, backed by offerings in Sydney and Melbourne. Acts exclusively for insurance providers and advisers, including brokers, captive insurers and underwriting agencies, on contentious, advisory and regulatory matters, the former including defence of litigated claims, subrogates recoveries and mediated disputes. Offers expertise in insurance issues specific to a wide range of industries and business sectors, including aviation, healthcare, hospitality and shopping, and particularly well regarded for the strength of its construction insurance capability.'