Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Led by Partner Glenn Biggs, our marine insurance team acts in respect of pleasure craft, marine cargo and commercial vessel claims which include property damage, personal injury and large business interruption losses.
Our team can provide advice with respect to:
- Recreational Inshore Marine
- Coastal Commercial Marine.
Our experience in this area includes claims relating to:
- Property damage – hull and cargo
- Liability – charters, freight, operators, ports and terminals
- Liability – personal injury
- Commercial and pleasure craft
- Ship builders
The team also has experience in the application of legislation such as the:
- Maritime Safety Queensland Act 2002 (Qld)
- Transport Operations (Marine Safety) Act 1994 (Qld)
- Transport Infrastructure Act 1994 (Qld)
- Carriage of Goods by Sea Act 1991 (Cth)
- Crimes (Ships and Fixed Platforms) Act 1992
- Crimes at Sea Act 2000 (Cth)
- Customs Act 1901 (Cth)
- Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006 (Cth)
- Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992 (Cth)