Let’s talk offsets – navigating the biodiversity offset framework (Brisbane)Mar 2019 | Planning & Environment
The Commonwealth and State biodiversity offset framework aims to compensate for the unavoidable impact of development on matters of environmental significance. Strategically addressing offset requirements early in a project allows developers in the property, resource and infrastructure sectors to consider the full range of offset delivery options and assess their impact on project design and feasibility.
Join us for breakfast to hear industry experts explain:
- what a biodiversity offset is and when it is required;
- the offset conditioning powers and current policy approaches being taken by the regulators;
- the options for delivering an offset, and their advantages and disadvantages; and
- the options and process for legally securing an offset.
- Kelly Alcorn, Partner, Carter Newell Lawyers
- Johanna Kennerley, Senior Associate, Carter Newell Lawyers
- Sam Maynard, Principal Environmental Scientist, Saunders Havill Group
Friday 8 March 2019, 7.30am - 9.00am
The Brisbane Club
241 Adelaide Street
Please register your attendance before Friday 22 February 2019 to:
Ashley Burnet, Marketing Coordinator
Phone | 3000 8329
Email | email@example.com
Kindly advise any dietary requirements upon RSVP.