- Energy & Resources
- +61 (0) 7 3000 8367
- +61 (0) 407 757 636
James is a specialist lawyer in the field of energy and resources law.
He has considerable experience advising clients in respect of the sale and acquisition of mining and petroleum projects, infrastructure and transportation arrangement negotiations, operating and joint venture advice and negotiations, commodity sale and transportation arrangements, the impact of various state-based petroleum and mining regulatory regimes and land access and compensation negotiations.
He also has experience liaising with regulatory bodies and government departments on behalf of his clients in respect of all aspects of their projects.
James was named Brisbane Lawyer of the Year – Oil & Gas Law by Best Lawyers in Australia (2021 edition).
He is also a past-President and current member of the Queensland Petroleum Exploration Association (QUPEX Inc), a Queensland committee member of AMPLA, a member of the Australian Pipelines and Gas Association (APGA) and the current Chair of the QLS Mining and Resources Law Committee.
James regularly presents at industry conferences and has been published in academic journals on topics relating to his area of expertise.
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2021 (edn) - Brisbane Lawyer of the Year: Oil & Gas Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 (edns) - Energy Law; Natural Resources Law; Oil & Gas Law; Mining Law
- Leading Queensland Energy & Resources Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016
- Leading Queensland Energy & Resources Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2017 and 2016
- Client Choice Awards 2016 - Recognised for excellence in client service in the Energy and Resources sector in Australia