- Energy & Resources
- +61 (0) 7 3000 8367
- +61 (0) 407 757 636
James is a specialist lawyer in the field of Resources law. He has considerable experience advising clients in respect of the sale and acquisition of mining and petroleum projects, the negotiation of infrastructure and transportation arrangements, operating and joint venture negotiations, commodity sale arrangements, the impact of various state-based petroleum and mining regulatory regimes, land access and compensation requirements, royalty arrangements, overlapping tenure negotiations, as well as compliance and incident management.
He also has experience liaising with regulatory bodies and government departments on behalf of his clients in respect of all aspects of their projects.
James was named Lawyer of the Year – Oil & Gas Law by Best Lawyers 2021 edition.
He is a past-President and current member of the Queensland Petroleum Exploration Association (QUPEX Inc), a Queensland committee member of the Australian Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA), a member of the Australian Pipelines and Gas Association (APGA) and Chair of the QLS Mining and Resources Law Committee.
James regularly presents at industry conferences and has been published in academic journals on topics relating to his area of expertise.
- The Best Lawyers 2021 (edn) - Lawyer of the Year: Oil & Gas Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 (edns) - Energy Law; Natural Resources Law; Oil & Gas Law; Mining Law
- Leading Queensland Energy & Resources Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016
- Leading Queensland Energy & Resources Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2017 and 2016
- Client Choice Awards 2016 - Recognised for excellence in client service in the Energy and Resources sector in Australia