- Energy & Resources
- +61 (0) 7 3000 8367
- +61 (0) 407 757 636
James is a specialist lawyer in the field of Resources law. He has considerable experience advising clients in respect of the sale and acquisition of mining and petroleum projects, the negotiation of infrastructure and transportation arrangements, operating and joint venture negotiations, commodity sale arrangements, the impact of various state-based petroleum and mining regulatory regimes, land access and compensation requirements, royalty arrangements, overlapping tenure negotiations, as well as compliance and incident management.
He also has experience liaising with regulatory bodies and government departments on behalf of his clients in respect of all aspects of their projects.
James is a past-President and current member of the Queensland Petroleum Exploration Association (QUPEX Inc), a Queensland committee member of the Australian Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA), a member of the Australian Pipelines and Gas Association (APGA) and Chair of the QLS Mining and Resources Law Committee.
James regularly presents at industry conferences and has been published in academic journals on topics relating to his area of expertise.
- Leading Queensland Energy & Resources Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2017
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2018 - Natural Resources Law and Oil & Gas Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2017 - Natural Resources Law and Oil & Gas Law
- Leading Queensland Energy & Resources Lawyer by Doyle's Guide 2016
- Client Choice Awards 2016 - Recognised for excellence in client service in the Energy and Resources sector in Australia