Construction & Engineering Insurance
Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Led by partners Patrick Mead, David Rodighiero, Luke Preston, and Michael Bath in Sydney and Ben Hall in Melbourne, the Construction & Engineering Insurance team provides high-level strategic advice for insureds and self insured companies and public and significant private companies in the mining, engineering, construction and property industries, including developers, main contractors, principals and sub contractors.
Our team specialises in two streams – Construction All Risk (‘CAR’) insurance (including defective structure and product claims arising in construction projects) and Professional Indemnity for construction professionals, specifically engineers, architects and surveyors.
Our range of services include:
- Defective building claims and workmanship
- Product claims
- Interpretation of policy exclusions, i.e. defective workmanship and design
- Construction professional liability
- Policy coverage and drafting policy terms and conditions
- Advice on project coverage and ‘gaps’ in cover
- Defence of litigated claims
- Recovery actions
- Defence of subrogated proceedings
- Alliance contracts.
Members of the Construction & Engineering Insurance team have a thorough understanding of the modern construction industry, having acted directly for the firm’s national and international clients over many years.