Project Development & Construction Contracts
Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Led by partners Patrick Mead, David Rodighiero, Luke Preston and Mark Kenney, our Contracts team acts for public and significant private companies in the mining, engineering, construction and property industries, including developers, main contractors, principals, suppliers, sub contractors and construction insurers.
The team’s approach in providing contract services to our clients is to see ourselves as an extension of each client’s business. We take great care to ensure our contracts are written in plain English, presented in an easy-to-read format and deliver on our clients’ commercial objectives.
Our range of services include:
- Contract analysis, drafting and negotiation (nationally and internationally)
- Project delivery and construction contract administration
- Project risk analysis
- Commercial risk assessment for major contracts.
Expertise in drafting construction and delivery contracts such as:
- Drilling and blasting contract
- Survey contracts (onshore and offshore)
- Engineering support
- Logistics support
- Facilities management
- Operation and maintenance contracts
- Consultancy agreements (in various forms)
- Alliance contracts.
These contracts have involved securing the operations of new infrastructure, pipelines, power stations, water supply, turnkey (or other construction contracts), joint ventures, 'build, own, operate' ('BOO'), 'build, own, operate, transfer' ('BOOT') arrangements, partnering, project alliances and Public Private Partnerships ('PPPs').