Work Health & Safety
Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
The harmonisation of work health and safety legislation across most Australian states and territories has led to significantly increased fines and penalties and potential associated liability for directors and officers of businesses.
Led by Partner, Andrew Shute, and Special Counsel, Lara Radik, our team has significant experience in dealing with all aspects of workplace health and safety from a regulatory and litigation perspective.
Our range of services include advising on:
- Critical incident response (liaison with inspectors, police and coroner's representatives at the accident site, advising management and boards)
- Management of workplace health and safety investigations
- Defence of work health and safety prosecutions
- Drafting and negotiation of Enforceable Undertakings
- Legal review of work health and safety documentation
- Interaction with workers
- Advice and training workshops on duties and obligations under the work health and safety legislation
- Representation at coronial inquests