Carter Newell Lawyers is an award winning specialist law firm providing legal advice to Australian and international corporate clients.
Led by partner Bronwyn Clarkson, the Commercial Property team regularly advises clients across a range of issues relating to property developments. Our team prides itself on the strong working relationships it has developed with a variety of stakeholders in the industry to ensure it can provide a full service offering to its developer clients.
Our team has expertise across a variety of projects including master planned developments, residential and industrial land subdivisions, mixed use developments and community titles schemes. The services offered to our property development clients range from advising on the initial site acquisition through to attending settlement for the sales of completed lots and includes:
- Due diligence on proposed sites
- Site acquisition and disposal including the preparation and negotiation of:
- option agreements
- development agreements; and
- contracts of sale
- General advice on the project including statutory compliance, structuring advice, duty and GST advice relevant to the project delivery
- Preparation of 'off the plan' contract and disclosure documentation for proposed lots within developments
- Conveyancing and contract administration for individual lot contracts from contract negotiation through to settlement.
The Commercial Property team is supported by dedicated and experienced solicitors and paralegals, ensuring the delivery of high level and cost effective service.